Coal News We love to talk!
Keeping to its role of being a key participant in the global initiative on clean energy research, India has announced setting up the first international incubator to promote innovation in this field. The incubator will come up in the capital with a total investment of around $5 million.
“We, as part of the ‘Mission Innovation’ country, are setting up an international level incubator in Delhi. Stakeholders from across the world will come here and work in the field of clean energy innovation,” said Union science & technology minister Harsh Vardhan.
The incubator, being set up in public-private partnership, will promote entrepreneurship and innovations in the area of clean energy and provide opportunities to innovators across the Mission Innovation countries to test their technologies in local market.
The Mission Innovation is a global initiative of 22 countries and European Union (EU) to accelerate clean energy innovation. It was launched on the sidelines of the UN climate change conference during the Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s visit to Paris in November, 2015.
US, China, Japan, South Korea, Australia, Brazil, Canada, UAE, UK, Mexico, Sweden, France and Germany are among the other member countries of this group.
The participating countries, as part of the initiative, have pledged to double their collective investments in energy R&D funding of over $15 billion annually to over $30 billion by 2021. These countries collectively, at present, account for more than 80% of the world’s total public financing of clean energy R&D.
Vardhan said, “We have already announced $10 million for smart grid innovations and another $5 million for bio-fuels innovation as part of our commitments to promote clean energy.”
Besides, India has launched the joint ‘virtual clean energy centre’ with the UK and the joint ‘clean energy research and development centre on energy storage and smart grids’ with the US.
- Donald Trumps solar module tariff barrier may help Indias green economy Read more
- Coal India shows way to faster land buy, acquires 10,000 hectares of land in 2 years Read more
- Indias biggest oil refinery to cost $30 billion: IOC Read more
- Future of solar power: How about transparent solar cells that can be put on windows? Read more
- GVK Power & Infrastructure loss widens to Rs 171 crore in Q4 Read more
- Gujarat High Court clears decks for states first wind power auction Read more
- Consumers seek single-window for solar power projects in Goa Read more
- Progress made in increasing energy efficiency: IEA report Read more
- After NSG rebuff, India falls back on fossil fuels for energy security Read more
- Another Kolkata college gets roof top grid-connected solar panel Read more