Power News We love to talk!
A joint venture of four state-run enterprises has joined hands with the South Delhi Municipal Corporation for retrofitting energy-efficient appliances in 400 schools maintained by the civic body.
"The project includes installation of 24,000 five-star energy efficient ceiling fans, 38,000 LED tube lights of 20 W each, 200 LED street lights of 35 W each, 600 flood-lights of 70 W each and 100 flood-lights of 110 W each," the EESL said in a statement.
Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL), joint venture of four state-run enterprises, comes under the Ministry of Power. "The fans and lights will have a warranty of five years," it said.
"SDMC will make the entire upfront investment of Rs 4.98 crore on the project that will enable more savings, illumination and reduction in CO2 emission," the statement said.
As per the recently signed agreement between the two sides, the EESL will procure, install and provide warranty support for LED lights and ceiling fans.
As part of its Buildings Energy Efficiency Programme, the EESL has partnered with several leading institutions like the Airports Authority of India (AAI), Railways, Central Public Works Department (CPWD), Delhi Metro Rail Corporation, to replace inefficient lighting and cooling appliances with energy saving equipment, it added.
- PNGRB invites bids for CNG, PNG in 14 cities including Pune Read more
- Adani Power posts Rs. 429-cr net loss Read more
- Clean energy sector adds 1059 MW in Q1 Read more
- Japans foreign aid arm plans to finance India solar power parks Read more
- Coal India trade unions call off Monday strike Read more
- Switzerland's Meyer Burger bets on Indian solar energy sector Read more
- India to build world's largest solar power plant in Rajasthan Read more
- Nava Bharat Ventures achieves financial closure for 300 MW coal project Read more
- ReNew Power commissions 143 MW solar farm in Telangana Read more
- Aadhaar mandatory for kerosene subsidy, Atal Pension Yojana Read more