Power News We love to talk!
Newly appointed chairman of the Rajasthan Electricity Regulatory Commission (RERC) Shrimat Pandey was administered oath of the seat by the chief justice of Rajasthan High Court justice Pradeep Nadrajog on Monday. Retired IAS officer Pandey has also held position of chairman of discoms and holds long experience in the field of energy.
His tenure will be five years. Judicial member commission Prithviraj was also administered oath of the office along with Pandey.
While talking to the media persons post oath ceremony, Pandey said that the role of the commission is to keep an eye on policies and rules pertaining to electricity and assured that the interests of both the companies and the consumers will be kept in mind while taking any decision.
Referring to the rising electricity prices and loss of the companies, Pandey said that this was a challenge for the commission but will be dealt with so as to neither cause any trouble to the consumers nor any harm to the companies.
When asked about the preparation for distribution of electricity bills on monthly basis, he said that it was under process, terming it to be a long pending demand but said it would take time.
“We are seriously looking into the nitty-gritty of its mechanism and its effect on the system of the companies,” he said. It may be recalled that companies’ employees have been opposing monthly billing system.
While talking about the unrest among farmers with regard to electricity tariffs, he said that agricultural tariffs have already been decided by the commission and added that now the government has been mulling relief to the farmers in the form of subsidy.
- Delhi discoms counting on power banking, advanced load forecasting Read more
- Railways to identify cost-effective energy options, says minister Suresh Prabhu Read more
- Turbine companies to see how the wind blows Read more
- Power grid asks CERC to cancel 2 Reliance Infrastructure projects Read more
- Adani defers Australian coal project investment decision Read more
- India needs stable policies and regulator for EV sector: Sanjeev Sharma, MD, ABB India Read more
- Govt launches loan scheme for rooftop solar projects Read more
- Electricity panel starts consultation for power price in Chhattisgarh Read more
- PSERC dismisses ISLs petition in billing dispute as withdrawn Read more
- CAG says govt shouldn't pay RIL $395 mn towards cost recovery Read more