Power News We love to talk!
Newly appointed chairman of the Rajasthan Electricity Regulatory Commission (RERC) Shrimat Pandey was administered oath of the seat by the chief justice of Rajasthan High Court justice Pradeep Nadrajog on Monday. Retired IAS officer Pandey has also held position of chairman of discoms and holds long experience in the field of energy.
His tenure will be five years. Judicial member commission Prithviraj was also administered oath of the office along with Pandey.
While talking to the media persons post oath ceremony, Pandey said that the role of the commission is to keep an eye on policies and rules pertaining to electricity and assured that the interests of both the companies and the consumers will be kept in mind while taking any decision.
Referring to the rising electricity prices and loss of the companies, Pandey said that this was a challenge for the commission but will be dealt with so as to neither cause any trouble to the consumers nor any harm to the companies.
When asked about the preparation for distribution of electricity bills on monthly basis, he said that it was under process, terming it to be a long pending demand but said it would take time.
“We are seriously looking into the nitty-gritty of its mechanism and its effect on the system of the companies,” he said. It may be recalled that companies’ employees have been opposing monthly billing system.
While talking about the unrest among farmers with regard to electricity tariffs, he said that agricultural tariffs have already been decided by the commission and added that now the government has been mulling relief to the farmers in the form of subsidy.
- L&T commissions 6-MW solar project for Sun Group in Gujarat Read more
- India and US launch $ 95 million clean energy projects under OPIC financing Read more
- Tata Power commissions 24 MW wind farm in Gujarat Read more
- Stalin says Tamil Nadu is facing power shortage, accuses electricity minister of corruption Read more
- Indian Oil Corporation Largest sewage plant at Mathura to help clean Yamuna Read more
- Rajasthan govt announces free electricity for over 12 lakh farmers Read more
- Tata Power Delhi Distribution signs pact with GIZ to promote green energy and efficiency Read more
- New NPA rules: Power producers body accuses RBI of overruling House panel Read more
- Andhra Pradesh discoms get bids at over Rs 5/unit Read more
- Power rates to go up by 7 per cent on states demand for higher coal royalty Read more