Power News We love to talk!
Vadodara airport will switch to solar energy for its daily operations to cut down electricity cost and adopt green energy. In the first week of September, a solar plant with capacity of 675 KW will be commissioned at the new integrated terminal building of the airport.
“We will be saving Rs six lakh on electricity cost incurred every month. Annually, we will be able to save Rs 72 lakh as the solar plant will meet 50 % of our total electricity requirement of the airport,” Vadodara airport’s director Charan Singh told TOI.
Singh added that a proper study was conducted before installing the solar plant. “It is ground-mounted grid-connected solar plant which has been installed 350 metres from runway’s central line. We had started the work after receiving the necessary approval from the Director General of Civil Aviation,” he said.
“While the installation work has got completed, the cable lines are being laid after which the plant will be connected to the power house from where it will be connected to the grid,” he said. A contract worth Rs 3.5 crore was awarded by the Airports Authority of India to a private firm for installing the solar plant.
“This will not only help us in cutting down electricity cost but also help reduce the carbon footprint as we move towards clean and green energy for daily operations,” he added.
- Govt forms panel to find ways to increase output of captive coal blocks Read more
- PE firms' power sector deals may come unstuck over SC coal decision Read more
- DERC follows AAP government's order, gears up to fine discoms for outages Read more
- Railways targets full electrification with Rs 35,000-crore plan Read more
- KERC dismisses SRM Powers petition for higher tariff for mini hydro tariff Read more
- NHPC's Kishanganga project to start operations by January 2018: Piyush Goyal Read more
- Greenlight Planet receives funding of $10 million Read more
- US wants solar alliance between India and France to function as informal arrangement Read more
- Centre invites smart-grid project proposals Read more
- Shri. R.K. Singh inaugurates 'Indian Power Stations 2018' an International Conference on 'Operations and Maintenance' Read more