Power News We love to talk!
Larsen & Toubro's power business has bagged an order worth Rs 1,080 crore, the engineering major said Thursday.
L&T has received two orders from NTPC for setting up flue gas desulphurisation (FGD) systems at its supercritical thermal power plants at Khargone in Madhya Pradesh and at Lara in Chhattisgarh.
"With stringent pollution control measures in place, coal-fired power plants will play a major role in the country’s energy mix for years to come, and L&T is fully geared to cater to this new market of air pollution control systems," said Shailendra Roy, chief executive officer and managing director of L&T Power, said.
The government has made it mandatory for thermal power plants to install FGD systems to curb sulphur dioxide emissions.
- OPEC ministers say global crude oil market is finding balance Read more
- 13 villages near Indo-China border to get electricity Read more
- Reliance Infrastructure, Adani Power up Mumbai unit sale talks Read more
- EESL invites bid for 2,000 electric vehicle chargers for phase II Read more
- Morgan Stanley downgrades major thermal power players Read more
- Struggling SSIs wary of proposed power tariff hike Read more
- Mumbai will save Rs 80 crore per year with LED lights: Piyush Goyal Read more
- Arun-III hydro power project in Nepal will usher in development: SJVNL Read more
- Multilateral agencies should dedicate 10-30% credit for clean energy: Upendra Tripathy Read more
- Delhi court allows firm's director to turn approver in coal case Read more