Power News We love to talk!
Larsen & Toubro's power business has bagged an order worth Rs 1,080 crore, the engineering major said Thursday.
L&T has received two orders from NTPC for setting up flue gas desulphurisation (FGD) systems at its supercritical thermal power plants at Khargone in Madhya Pradesh and at Lara in Chhattisgarh.
"With stringent pollution control measures in place, coal-fired power plants will play a major role in the country’s energy mix for years to come, and L&T is fully geared to cater to this new market of air pollution control systems," said Shailendra Roy, chief executive officer and managing director of L&T Power, said.
The government has made it mandatory for thermal power plants to install FGD systems to curb sulphur dioxide emissions.
- BHEL bags order to set up power plant in Madhya Pradesh Read more
- Govt invites applications for allotment of 8 coal mines Read more
- Scanty rainfall drives up power deficit, spot power prices Read more
- Power producers take on CIL over lopsided fuel supply pacts Read more
- Bengal govt plans small solar parks Read more
- Government sets up panel on UMPP bids; group to meet this week Read more
- GAIL India to swap US LNG Read more
- CERC approves tariff for Powergrids high voltage transmission asset under WRSS-II Read more
- Need to ramp up power generation from green sources: Government Read more
- Warangal green village turns torchbearer Read more