Power News We love to talk!
Larsen & Toubro's power business has bagged an order worth Rs 1,080 crore, the engineering major said Thursday.
L&T has received two orders from NTPC for setting up flue gas desulphurisation (FGD) systems at its supercritical thermal power plants at Khargone in Madhya Pradesh and at Lara in Chhattisgarh.
"With stringent pollution control measures in place, coal-fired power plants will play a major role in the country’s energy mix for years to come, and L&T is fully geared to cater to this new market of air pollution control systems," said Shailendra Roy, chief executive officer and managing director of L&T Power, said.
The government has made it mandatory for thermal power plants to install FGD systems to curb sulphur dioxide emissions.
- ONGC to produce gas from first deepwater field soon Read more
- Tata target: 400 MW solar power in 3 years Read more
- KSERC allows CSEZA to install grid interactive solar rooftop system to meet its solar obligation Read more
- Assam, Kerala ask NTPC to develop their coal blocks Read more
- UPERC to determine tariff for UPPCLs small HEP based on capital cost Read more
- India’s total power generation capacity crosses 200 giga watt in 11th plan period Read more
- Companies set to back huge India solar expansion Read more
- Sterlite Power goes global, eyes international power transmission projects Read more
- 12th Plan power capacity target cut to 88,000 Mw Read more
- Iran ready for Pak-Turkmen gas swap, views TAPI plan as unlikely Read more