Power News We love to talk!
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will be the chief guest for the inaugural session of World Biofuel Day programme being held by the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas at Vigyan Bhawan on 10 August, Oil Ministry said in a statement on Thursday.
The programme would witness participation from sugarcane farmers, scientists, entrepreneurs in biofuels, students of agriculture, science and engineering streams, members of parliament, ambassadors, officers of Central and State government and companies involved in the bio-energy sector.
“This year, it is proposed to hold the World Biofuel Day programme at Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi on 10 August, 2018. Hon’ble Prime Minister will be the Chief Guest for the inaugural session that day, and he will be joined by a galaxy of Central Ministers,” the statement read.
The Oil Ministry also said that ethanol blending in petrol had increased to 141 crore litres in financial year 2017-2018, as compared to 38 crore litres recorded in financial year 2013-2014.
Government-owned oil marketing companies are under different stages of setting up 12 second generation (2G) bio-refineries around the country to increase supply of ethanol and address stubble burning.
- RBI may ask oil firms to buy dollar from single bank Read more
- Lighting industry calls for steps to curb spurious LED bulbs Read more
- KG block production may be delayed: ONGC Read more
- Indian Oil Corporation begins work on 4 MW solar power project in Nagapattinam Read more
- How the regulator calculated over-charging by Indraprastha Gas Read more
- RIL knew about KG-D6 and ONGC block connectivity in 2003, suggests regulatory filings by Niko Resources Read more
- NTPCs capacities dwindle after CEA deletes Patratu plants 325 MW Read more
- Indian Spot market power prices flat in December Read more
- Centre finalising subsidy sharing formula for oil cos Read more
- No fuel tax cut, will stick to deficit target: Jaitley Read more