Power News We love to talk!
State-run BHEL today commissioned the fifth 250 MW unit of Parichha thermal power project in Uttar Pradesh, which would feed 6 million units of power to the National Grid.
"BHEL has commissioned a 250 MW unit at Parichha Thermal Power Station (1,140 MW), in Uttar Pradesh. With this, 6 million units of electricity will be added to the grid of the power deficit state, every day," a company statement said.
This order was placed on BHEL by Uttar Pradesh Rajya Vidyut Utpadan Nigam Limited (UPRVUNL).
BHEL's job in the contract involves manufacture, supply, erection, testing and commissioning of the main plant package along with associated auxiliaries and civil works for the main plant package for this power project, it said.
The equipment for the project has been supplied by BHEL's Haridwar, Trichy, Ranipet, Hyderabad, Bangalore, Bhopal and Jhansi plants, while BHEL's Power Sector, Northern Region, is undertaking erection and commissioning of the equipment.
The company has established the capability to deliver power plant equipment of 20,000 MW capacity per annum.
Meanwhile, BHEL recently commissioned another 500 MW unit at NTPC's Rihand thermal power plant in Uttar Pradesh. The unit has been commissioned for Stage III of the Rihand Super Thermal Power Station.
For NTPC , BHEL is also presently executing contracts at Barh (2x660 MW), Jhajjar (1x500 MW), Vallur (2x500 MW), Rihand (1x500 MW), Mouda (1x500 MW), Vindhyachal (2x500 MW), Bongaigaon (3x250 MW), Muzaffarpur (2x195 MW) and Nabinagar (4x250 MW).
- Power tariff policy changed to clear air on taxes Read more
- Northeast could feed India up to 1,100 MW of power by year end Read more
- Power companies to get Rs 1.9 lakh crore benefit from Gujarat bailout Read more
- Terms of 10 GW solar tender unlikely to be relaxed Read more
- Ensure 24-Hr Power Supply in Area Around Taj Mahal: Parliamentary Panel Read more
- BERC invites comments on its Consultative Paper on the proposal for BERC (Rooftop Solar Grid Interactive Systems Based on Net Metering) Regulations, 2015 Read more
- Railways speeds up plans to shift towards gas-fuelled locomotives Read more
- Revised its interest-rates for various sector Read more
- Essar Oil owes Indian banks Rs 40,000 cr, but company to pay back just Rs 4,000 cr to lenders; check out justification Read more
- Challenges and solutions to developing India's Electric Vehicle charging infrastructure Read more