Power News We love to talk!
State-run BHEL today commissioned the fifth 250 MW unit of Parichha thermal power project in Uttar Pradesh, which would feed 6 million units of power to the National Grid.
"BHEL has commissioned a 250 MW unit at Parichha Thermal Power Station (1,140 MW), in Uttar Pradesh. With this, 6 million units of electricity will be added to the grid of the power deficit state, every day," a company statement said.
This order was placed on BHEL by Uttar Pradesh Rajya Vidyut Utpadan Nigam Limited (UPRVUNL).
BHEL's job in the contract involves manufacture, supply, erection, testing and commissioning of the main plant package along with associated auxiliaries and civil works for the main plant package for this power project, it said.
The equipment for the project has been supplied by BHEL's Haridwar, Trichy, Ranipet, Hyderabad, Bangalore, Bhopal and Jhansi plants, while BHEL's Power Sector, Northern Region, is undertaking erection and commissioning of the equipment.
The company has established the capability to deliver power plant equipment of 20,000 MW capacity per annum.
Meanwhile, BHEL recently commissioned another 500 MW unit at NTPC's Rihand thermal power plant in Uttar Pradesh. The unit has been commissioned for Stage III of the Rihand Super Thermal Power Station.
For NTPC , BHEL is also presently executing contracts at Barh (2x660 MW), Jhajjar (1x500 MW), Vallur (2x500 MW), Rihand (1x500 MW), Mouda (1x500 MW), Vindhyachal (2x500 MW), Bongaigaon (3x250 MW), Muzaffarpur (2x195 MW) and Nabinagar (4x250 MW).
- MERC rejects APMLs request for netting off power consumed for start-up activities of Tiroda TPS Read more
- Karnataka, Tamil Nadu allow power generators to sell outside Read more
- Time is now ripe for a power fund, says Piyush Goyal Read more
- NTPC signs pact with Jharkhand government for Patratu power station Read more
- Govt to promote solar powered charkhas, rickshaws under off-grid solar scheme Read more
- BSES consumers save 17 MW power via Demand Response Read more
- Kudankulam's second unit to start commercial operations this fiscal Read more
- No dearth of coal at Rajmahal mine for supply to NTPC plants: Coal Ministry Read more
- CBI files FIR against Karnataka Power Corpn Read more
- Convalt Energy plans 1,000 MW solar plants in Karnataka Read more