Power News We love to talk!
State-run BHEL today commissioned the fifth 250 MW unit of Parichha thermal power project in Uttar Pradesh, which would feed 6 million units of power to the National Grid.
"BHEL has commissioned a 250 MW unit at Parichha Thermal Power Station (1,140 MW), in Uttar Pradesh. With this, 6 million units of electricity will be added to the grid of the power deficit state, every day," a company statement said.
This order was placed on BHEL by Uttar Pradesh Rajya Vidyut Utpadan Nigam Limited (UPRVUNL).
BHEL's job in the contract involves manufacture, supply, erection, testing and commissioning of the main plant package along with associated auxiliaries and civil works for the main plant package for this power project, it said.
The equipment for the project has been supplied by BHEL's Haridwar, Trichy, Ranipet, Hyderabad, Bangalore, Bhopal and Jhansi plants, while BHEL's Power Sector, Northern Region, is undertaking erection and commissioning of the equipment.
The company has established the capability to deliver power plant equipment of 20,000 MW capacity per annum.
Meanwhile, BHEL recently commissioned another 500 MW unit at NTPC's Rihand thermal power plant in Uttar Pradesh. The unit has been commissioned for Stage III of the Rihand Super Thermal Power Station.
For NTPC , BHEL is also presently executing contracts at Barh (2x660 MW), Jhajjar (1x500 MW), Vallur (2x500 MW), Rihand (1x500 MW), Mouda (1x500 MW), Vindhyachal (2x500 MW), Bongaigaon (3x250 MW), Muzaffarpur (2x195 MW) and Nabinagar (4x250 MW).
- India Power Corporation Ltd lines up investment to strengthen distribution infrastructure in Bihar Read more
- Shares of oil mktg cos nosedive as rupee breaches 60-mark Read more
- Cars vandalised, roads blocked as Bengal power grid stir intensifies Read more
- Government moves ahead to resurrect stalled power projects says Piyush Goyal Read more
- Approached lenders for NOC on slump sale of Mundra Power: Adani Power Read more
- Coal mines are property of states: Narendra Singh Tomar Read more
- Sort out power procurement issues: Goyal to States Read more
- Government drops plan for power sector asset reconstruction firm Read more
- 2 crore LED bulbs distributed: How DELP is helping save the govt Rs 2.9 crore a day Read more
- Important decisions await NTPCs board approval Read more