Power News We love to talk!
Several areas of Tamil Nadu have been facing unannounced power cuts in the last few days, said DMK president M K Stalin on Tuesday. But Tangedco is cutting power in the name of maintenance and others instead of revealing the fact that it is facing a 1600 MW shortage, Stalin said in a statement.
"Without revealing the truth, Tangedco is cutting power using names like maintenance, faults in the line and others. Steps must be taken to prevent unannounced power cuts," he said.
The DMK leader accused electricity minister P Thangamani of indulging in corruption due to which many power projects in the state could not be commissioned.
Sources told TOI that several villages and towns in the Cauvery delta districts had been facing power cuts in the last few days. Electricity was cut around 10 in the morning and again in the night. There were also complaints of power cuts in the rural areas of Madurai and other southern districts.
- Coal stock position at thermal plants to improve in a month Read more
- Shortage of coal rakes plunges Maharashtra in darkness Read more
- NGT expresses dissatisfaction over upkeep of green cover in MP Read more
- CERC approves the application of APPCPL (Arunachal Pradesh Power Corporation Private Limited) for up gradation of Inter- State Trading Licensee from Category III to Category II Read more
- Brokerages trim Coal India target on weak second quarter numbers Read more
- Stranded gas-based power plants to get funds support Read more
- NTPC power generation rises 10 per cent in Q1, from 58.70 BUs to 64.6 Bus Read more
- 'Quantum jump in power consumption in Bihar in past eleven years' Read more
- ReNew Power sets up another JV with Chinese company Hareon Read more
- Staff Paper on Extended Market Session on Power Exchanges Read more