Power News We love to talk!
Several areas of Tamil Nadu have been facing unannounced power cuts in the last few days, said DMK president M K Stalin on Tuesday. But Tangedco is cutting power in the name of maintenance and others instead of revealing the fact that it is facing a 1600 MW shortage, Stalin said in a statement.
"Without revealing the truth, Tangedco is cutting power using names like maintenance, faults in the line and others. Steps must be taken to prevent unannounced power cuts," he said.
The DMK leader accused electricity minister P Thangamani of indulging in corruption due to which many power projects in the state could not be commissioned.
Sources told TOI that several villages and towns in the Cauvery delta districts had been facing power cuts in the last few days. Electricity was cut around 10 in the morning and again in the night. There were also complaints of power cuts in the rural areas of Madurai and other southern districts.
- Power supply to be streamlined in Kochi Read more
- Coal Indias decision may help TANGEDCO save Rs. 550 crore Read more
- 'Quantum jump in power consumption in Bihar in past eleven years' Read more
- Procuring wind energy through bids a positive for sector:ICRA Read more
- India, Bangladesh agree on power tariff, await nod to start supplies Read more
- Tamil Nadu to stop using imported coal for power generation, save Rs 400 crore Read more
- Piyush Goyal keen on states replicating Gujarat power model Read more
- CERC: Transmission Charges at (ISTS) for the Solar Generating Projects commissioned after 1.7.2014 Read more
- Reliance Power seeks to exit Krishnapatnam UMPP; writes to Andhra govt Read more
- Power plants continue to grapple with fuel shortages: CEA Read more