Power News We love to talk!
Engineering and construction giant L&T today announced its power division has won orders worth Rs 1,400 crore from state-run electricity generator NTPC Ltd.
“The company has received two orders for setting up Flue Gas De-sulphurisation (FGD) systems from NTPC at its Vindhyachal Super Thermal Power Plant in Madhya Pradesh and Darlipali Super Thermal Power Project in Odisha,” the company said in a statement.
Installation of FGD systems in existing and upcoming thermal power plants has been made mandatory by the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change (MoEFCC) to curtail SO2 emissions.
The $18 billion firm has a long-term technical licence agreement with Chiyoda Corporation of Japan for its FGD technology. The agreement grants L&T exclusive rights to undertake engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) of CT-121TM FGD systems.
The technology developed by Chiyoda allows absorption of sulphur dioxide from flue gas generated by coal-fired, oil-fired and other types of boilers and removed as gypsum. The Power business of L&T, through its joint venture companies, has also won orders in the domestic and export markets for engineering services and supply of components.
- Ujjwala Plus: Oil marketing companies to float NGO for donations Read more
- 'MoU with Chhattisgarh for power purchase transparent' Read more
- GUVNL floats 500 Mw wind power tender with greenshoe option Read more
- Haridwar ashrams look forward to co-operating with Centre on boosting use of solar power Read more
- Crompton Greaves sells global power biz Read more
- Oil minister Veerappa Moily suggests a years extension for ONGC chairman Read more
- Waste to wealth: Hunt for bioenergy in Loktak's invasive plants Read more
- Modi dedicates Assam gas cracker project to nation Read more
- CAG finds irregularities of Rs 41 crore in Assam Power Distribution Company Read more
- MEIL commissions 50-MW solar farm in AP Read more