Power News We love to talk!
Engineering and construction giant L&T today announced its power division has won orders worth Rs 1,400 crore from state-run electricity generator NTPC Ltd.
“The company has received two orders for setting up Flue Gas De-sulphurisation (FGD) systems from NTPC at its Vindhyachal Super Thermal Power Plant in Madhya Pradesh and Darlipali Super Thermal Power Project in Odisha,” the company said in a statement.
Installation of FGD systems in existing and upcoming thermal power plants has been made mandatory by the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change (MoEFCC) to curtail SO2 emissions.
The $18 billion firm has a long-term technical licence agreement with Chiyoda Corporation of Japan for its FGD technology. The agreement grants L&T exclusive rights to undertake engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) of CT-121TM FGD systems.
The technology developed by Chiyoda allows absorption of sulphur dioxide from flue gas generated by coal-fired, oil-fired and other types of boilers and removed as gypsum. The Power business of L&T, through its joint venture companies, has also won orders in the domestic and export markets for engineering services and supply of components.
- Tighter norms for gencos send NTPC scrip to 7-year low Read more
- With fuel prices deregulated, Reliance Industries and Essar Oil may revive retail network again Read more
- ONGC Videsh eyes oil & gas blocks in Colombia Read more
- High Court seeks Centre's reply on Sasan's plea for more coal Read more
- Ramakrishna Mission in Chennai gets a rooftop solar plant Read more
- Indian pipe companies dominate Rs 550 crore GAIL contract Read more
- JSPL to set up 1500 MW overseas greenfield power plants Read more
- MoUs worth Rs. 1.95-lakh cr. signed at A.P. investment meet Read more
- Gulf Oil Corp promoter Hinduja entities transfer shares Read more
- Power demand up: Coal stocks at mines at a 5-year low Read more