Power News We love to talk!
State-run NTPC on Wednesday said its joint venture (JV) with Bharat Forge has initiated a voluntary liquidation process under the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code (IBC).
"BF-NTPC Energy Systems (BF-NTPC), a 49:51 joint venture between NTPC and Bharat Forge, has initiated a voluntary liquidation process under IBC, 2016 in its extraordinary general meeting held on October 9, 2018," an NTPC statement said.
BF-NTPC was incorporated on June 19, 2008 with an aim of taking up manufacturing of casting, forgings, fittings and high pressure piping required for power and other industries. As BF-NTPC has not commenced any business yet, both JV partners have decided to close down the company, it added. Bharat Forge is the majority partner in the JV.
- Norms eased for setting up power units in SEZs Read more
- Power companies tap smart meters to change consumer behaviour pattern Read more
- BJPs power drive to light up Dalit homes Read more
- Rating system: Power and steel plants in coal-starved states will get priority in coal block allocations Read more
- With different ceiling rates, 7,670 MW solar projects on offer across India Read more
- Wind industry adds 2,126 MW in FY14 Read more
- Govt plans to make hydro power purchase mandatory: Scindia Read more
- Southern states to ensure power supply for key services by August during grid troubles Read more
- Powering up India with solar energy: Neutralising threats, implementing policies Read more
- ONGC Videsh needs to tap developed fields to meet 2018 target Read more