Power News We love to talk!
Punjab government on Friday conferred state-level awards for excellence in energy conservation on 10 industrialists. The award has been given to units that made efforts for efficient utilisation of energy in the last two years.
Rishab Spinning Mills, Ludhiana, and Vardhman Spinning and General Mills, Ludhiana, bagged first and second place, respectively, in the textile category. In the large and medium scale manufacturing enterprises, Nectar Lifesciences, Mohali, secured the top position while Diesel Loco Modernisation Works, Patiala, stood second.
In the commercial buildings category (government/private), Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited Main Jalandhar was first, while Anandpur Sahib Foundation, Virasat-e-Khalsa, was second. In the educational institutions (government and private buildings) category, Indian School of Business, Mohali, bagged the first position followed by Gian Jyoti Group of Institutions, Patiala.
The award winners were given a cash prize of Rs 50,000 for the first position and Rs 30,000 for second position. Punjab power minister G S Kangar said the state recognises industries and establishments that have made efforts to promote energy efficiency by adopting clean and innovative technologies.
- Budget 2017: Power tariffs may rise marginally as tax holiday expires Read more
- Indian Energy Exchange IPO opens today, analysts recommend medium to long-term subscription Read more
- Railways taps solar power to cut electricity bill Read more
- Odisha reiterates demand for Chhendipada coal blocks Read more
- Oil falls to 4-month low on Europe polls, US jobs Read more
- Over 300 solar consumers deprived of subsidy by MEDA Read more
- Mytrah Energy posts revenues of $362 million Read more
- Policy on coal linkages likely in 15 days: Government Read more
- Reliance Power CEO JP Chalasani resigns Read more
- Finnish firm plans Rs 3,000-cr investment in Indian solar power Read more