Coal News We love to talk!
Olectra-BYD on Sunday said its electric buses have reduced carbon dioxide emissions by up to 419 tonnes while clocking 4 lakh kms on the country's roads, equivalent to the effect of 2,100 trees on the environment.
The announcement comes at a time when several major cities in India are battling alarming levels of pollution. Quoting studies, the company said a diesel bus typically emits an estimated 48,000 kgs of harmful gases annually.
"Our eBuses have achieved the milestone of covering 4 lakh kms for the first time in India across terrains and different conditions, seamlessly transporting thousands of passengers and silently contributing to reducing the carbon footprint," said N Nagasatyam, Executive Director, Olectra Greentech Limited.
The zero-emission electric buses while operating under the Himachal Roadways Transport Corporation (HRTC) clocked 2.05 lakh kms and another 1.41 lakh kms under the Brihanmumbai Electricity Supply and Transport Undertaking (BEST).
The company said the buses also covered 66,000 kms during trials in various cities including Hyderabad, Chandigarh, Chennai, Tirupathi, Thiruvananthapuram, Puducherry, Lucknow and Dehradun.
Olectra Greentech manufactures the buses in a strategic tie-up with China's BYD Auto Industry Co. Ltd. Olectra-BYD's electric bus models are manufactured at its plant in Telangana.
- NTPC, Coal India trying to meet deadline for fuel supply dues Read more
- Coal India has an aspiration target for this fiscal. And, a stiffer 700 mt target for 2019-20 Read more
- KSRTC signs MoU with IOC for diesel Read more
- Changing the climate, together: World leaders unite to accelerate the clean energy revolution Read more
- NTPC sends team to China over equipment issues Read more
- GAIL names Subir Purkayastha as new Director (Finance) Read more
- Distribute power equitably: Council Read more
- NHPC cautions government on disinvestment Read more
- Coal India to take up clean coal technologies in a big way: Coal Secy Read more
- Anup Vikal joins Essar Oil as CFO Read more