Power News We love to talk!
A two-day national level convention on 'Solar Photovoltaic Power Plant and Reactive Power Management', organized by the National Power Training Institute, began here in Guwahati began on Monday. The event is of particular importance at a time when the Centre has a target of generating 100GW of solar power to boost the electricity grid and reduce India's carbon dependence.
The event was inaugurated by Dharma Ranjan Das, advisor to the ministry of new and renewable energy. Assam Energy Development Agency director Arup Kumar Misra, NEEPCO executive director Rajat Chandra Sharma and other dignitaries were also present on the occasion.
Das spoke on the status of India in relation to global solar technologies and role of bodies such as the National Institute of Solar Energy and the International Solar Alliance. He also highlighted the policies and regulations related to renewable energy development. Misra stressed on the importance of small, decentralized solar plants, specially for the northeast.
- GAIL's Chief B C Tripathi seeks review of merit order dispatch Read more
- TVS exits wind biz as Green Infra acquires TVS Energy Read more
- Non-power sectors may get supplies for 10 years if coal linkages are auctioned Read more
- BHELseen to be facing capacity under-utilisation Read more
- Parijat Industries first solar plant helping India to achieve its solar energy target Read more
- Every home will get power supply by 2019, says Goyal Read more
- Kalpataru Power, arm bag orders worth Rs 1,810 cr Read more
- SJVN drops plans to construct tunnel in Luhri hydro project Read more
- Akhileshs white knight for unviable Anpara C Read more
- Andhra power discom files 203 electricity cases Read more