Power News We love to talk!
TN tops with generation capacity addition of 1,087 MW
The Indian Wind Power Association has said 3200 mw of wind power generation capacity was commissioned in the country during 2011-12 in spite of tough times.
Prof. K.Kasthoori Rangaian, Chairman of the association said while the wind industry has been complaining about issues relating to grid in Tamil Nadu, the State topped with a generation capacity addition of 1087 mw capacity.
During his visit to Hyderabad to take part in National Council Meeting of IWPA on Saturday, he said investors are keen to take up wind projects in spite of difficulties, but need support.
Gujarat, Rajasthan, Maharashtra are preferred locations after Tamil Nadu. They have managed to add about 789.85 mw, 546 mw, 418 mw and 1087 mw respectively last year.
Six windy States have made rapid strides with Tamil Nadu having a capacity of 6974 MW, Gujarat following with 2942 MW, Maharashtra (2735 MW), Rajasthan (2068 MW), Karnataka (2934 MW) and Madhya Pradesh (314 MW).
The Association has requested the Andhra Pradesh Government to support them in implementing more projects by offering higher tariffs and permitting trading in Renewable Energy Certification by entering into agreements.
- KERC expediting solar projects as demand surges in Karnataka Read more
- Modi will need at least $125 bn to fund his renewable energy dream Read more
- South India has become power surplus: Goyal Read more
- NTPC-JKSPDCL joint venture to develop coal block in Odisha Read more
- T&D loss at staggering 64% in Kashmir; 41% in Jammu Read more
- 10 PSUs to raise Rs 15,000 cr via Sovereign Wealth Funds Read more
- Mytrah Energy to acquire 60 MW of wind farms Read more
- DERC dismisses petition filed by individual consumers against BYPL Read more
- CERC notified the Draft National Electricity Plan for 2017-22 and perspective plan for 2022-27 Read more
- Offshore wind power to grow over six times by 2013 globally:IRENA Read more