Power News We love to talk!
TN tops with generation capacity addition of 1,087 MW
The Indian Wind Power Association has said 3200 mw of wind power generation capacity was commissioned in the country during 2011-12 in spite of tough times.
Prof. K.Kasthoori Rangaian, Chairman of the association said while the wind industry has been complaining about issues relating to grid in Tamil Nadu, the State topped with a generation capacity addition of 1087 mw capacity.
During his visit to Hyderabad to take part in National Council Meeting of IWPA on Saturday, he said investors are keen to take up wind projects in spite of difficulties, but need support.
Gujarat, Rajasthan, Maharashtra are preferred locations after Tamil Nadu. They have managed to add about 789.85 mw, 546 mw, 418 mw and 1087 mw respectively last year.
Six windy States have made rapid strides with Tamil Nadu having a capacity of 6974 MW, Gujarat following with 2942 MW, Maharashtra (2735 MW), Rajasthan (2068 MW), Karnataka (2934 MW) and Madhya Pradesh (314 MW).
The Association has requested the Andhra Pradesh Government to support them in implementing more projects by offering higher tariffs and permitting trading in Renewable Energy Certification by entering into agreements.
- Leaders and laggards in green energy Read more
- Indias coal reserves could remain unused in future: Minister Piyush Goyal Read more
- Goa moving closer to achieve total LED street lighting by May 2017 Read more
- 75 kw rooftop solar power plant at Vikas Bhawan Read more
- Southern grid to get 4,000 MW more power in one year: Piyush Goyal Read more
- AP to spend Rs. 1,000 cr on energy efficiency Read more
- Wind sector gasps, seeks breather through extension of sops Read more
- International body pats India for its transition to combat climate change Read more
- Tariff cut of 1 per cent likely due to under-recovery of fuel cost Read more
- Inox Wind signs Rs 4,500 crore pact with Gujarat for power plant Read more