Power News We love to talk!
State-run NMDC has appointed PFC Consulting for selecting a partner to develop a captive power project for its upcoming steel plant in Chhattisgarh.
“PFC Consulting has been given the job of advicing NMDC for selecting the joint venture partner to execute the captive power plant which would meet the needs of the state-run iron-ore miner’s plant in Chhattisgarh,” a source close to the development told PTI.
The other modalities of the joint venture partnership like equity participation by the partner etc. are yet to be worked out.
NMDC has a mining capacity of around 30 million tonnes per annum. It is spending over Rs 3,000 crore for its upcoming 3 million tonnes per annum capacity steel plant at Nagarnar in Chhattisgarh.
The plant will get iron ore from company’s existing mines at nearby Bailadila, while the coking coal is planned to be imported. This plant is likely to be commissioned by 2014.
PFC Consulting, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Power Finance Corp, was formed in 2008 with the aim of providing consultancy services in the power sector and related areas.
It is mandated to promote, organise and carry on consultancy services to the power sector and is also undertaking the work related to the development of ultra mega power projects (UMPPs).
The company also works as a bid co-ordinator for selection of developer for the independent transmission projects.
Meanwhile, PFC Consulting is looking to tie-up with a global partner for its consultancy business and expand it overseas.
- Farmers encouraged to use solar power for irrigation Read more
- ADB, India ink $500 million loan pact to expand power connectivity Read more
- Mahindra & Mahindra to launch electric Scorpio by 2019 Read more
- Karnataka cautious over Cauvery power projects owing to water dispute with Tamilnadu Read more
- Bidding for 2,000 MW power begins Read more
- Railways lays foundation stone for Rs 3,618 crore Doubling & Electrification project Read more
- Most hydel power projects to become operational after 2017 Read more
- After PFC, REC to issue tax-free bonds Read more
- Suzlon says won 111.30 MW order in Aug-Sep Read more
- PSERC tariff order for FY 14: Key highlights Read more