Power News We love to talk!
The global venture capital funding in the wind energy sector has got off to a strong start with deals worth $ 240 million for 12 deals in the first quarter of this calender year.
According to Mercom Capital Group, a global clean energy communications and consulting firm, venture capital funding in the first quarter stood at $ 240 million through 12 deals, compared to just $ 12 million for two deals in fourth quarter of last calendar year.
The biggest VC deal in the first quarter was the $ 183 million fund raised by Element Power, a global project developer.
Other major VC deals in the sector during the quarter included a $ 20.2 million raised by ReGen Powertech, a turnkey solution provider and wind turbine maker, followed by $ 18.6 million raised by project developer Leap Green Energy, $ 10 million raised by Apex Wind Energy, and a $ 3.5 million raised by Pentalum.
Meanwhile, in terms of merger and acquisitions, the first quarter marked one of the strongest activity in the wind energy sector, in terms of transactions, as 11 deals were announced worth $ 872 million.
The top M&A deals included the $ 850 million acquisition of Seajacks International, a UK-based offshore Wind Power Service provider, by Marubeni Corporation and Innovation Network Corporation of Japan.
Other major M&A deals in the wind energy sector comprised the $ 12 million acquisition of Fuji Heavy Industries' Wind Turbine Generator Business by Hitachi and the $ 10.2 million acquisition of a 49.9 per cent stake in OWEC Tower by KV Ventus.
- ONGC plans buying majority stake in GSPCs KG gas block Read more
- NTPC initiates due diligence of DVC's Ragunathpur thermal plant Read more
- Inox Wind bags 100 Megawatt project from Adani Green Energy Read more
- Economic Survey 2017-18: Tariff renegotiation, judicial delays threat to power sector Read more
- Karnataka govt to obtain electric vehicles under FAME-India scheme Read more
- Goyal takes up Adani project with Australia Read more
- India to explore foreign markets for surplus power, says RK Singh Read more
- Telangana power distribution companies propose tariff hike Read more
- Delay in new gas price hits RIL’s D6ramp-up plans Read more
- Govt takes back 80% of RIL's D6 block Read more