Power News We love to talk!
Tamil Nadu would do well to focus on the issue of power and water availability as these will determine the State’s growth in the coming years, a top policymaker has said.
“Availability of power and water are two critical factors and important issues ahead of Tamil Nadu,” C. Rangarajan, Chairman of the Prime Minister’s Economic Advisory Council said here today.
He highlighted that Tamil Nadu has been high on social indicators and was one of the highly industrialised States.
But these two critical factors – power and water – needed to be looked into by the concerned authorities, he noted.
Rangarajan was addressing the satellite session of the Delhi Economic Summit 2012 on ‘Accelerating Growth in Tamil Nadu: Need for Paradign Shift’.
Later Rangarajan told presspersons that he was confident of the Central Government meeting the revised fiscal deficit target of 5.3 per cent for 2012-13.
He expects India’s economic growth to be around 5.5-6 per cent this fiscal. “Economic growth will pick up next year,” Rangarajan said.
- Modi govt plans Pariwartan scheme for power sector revival Read more
- Chennai Metro to draw solar power, save 1.5 crore a year Read more
- Supreme Court upholds ban on sale of large diesel vehicles in Delhi Read more
- No payment defaults to NTPC: BSES Rajdhani Read more
- PFC forays into Waste-to-Energy, lends Rs 290 crore to largest plant Read more
- Bangladesh wants to buy solar power from India Read more
- Power sector looks at saving Rs 6,000 crore in coal transportation Read more
- Work on inter-State LPG pipeline soon Read more
- SC stays Gujarat HC Rs 10,000-cr VAT order on ONGC, OMCs Read more
- Solar industry relieved; TN extends time to put up projects Read more