Coal News We love to talk!
Crude oil futures prices rose 0.3 per cent to Rs 4,742 per barrel today as speculators created fresh positions amid a firm trend in Asia.
At the Multi Commodity Exchange, crude oil for delivery in December gained Rs 14 or 0.3 per cent to Rs 4,742 per barrel with a business turnover of 5,870 lots. Similarly, the oil for January delivery moved up by Rs 13 or 0.27 per cent to Rs 4,801 per barrel with a business volume of 1,303 lots.
Marketmen said the rise in crude oil futures was largely in tandem with a firming trend in Asia on expectations of a hike in Chinese demand after a key survey showed its manufacturing activity hitting a 14-month high in December.
Meanwhile, crude oil for January delivery advanced by 23 cents to $86.98 a barrel on the New York Mercantile Exchange.
- Petrol price in India more than Pakistan: Oil Minister DharmendraPradhan Read more
- Tata Power Renewable Energy to invest in wind energy firms Read more
- Oil price debacle: Kerala seeks Centre's help in rehabilitating Gulf returnees Read more
- PTC inks $1.8 billion power supply deal with Bangladesh Read more
- Activists seek information on hydropower projects in Bhutanq Read more
- GAIL may face loss on US contract owing to price mismatch Read more
- Tight gas: China's unsung unconventional energy revolution Read more
- Brent crude slips to $102 per barrel Read more
- IOC to import gasoline to end-year - sources Read more
- Brent crude rises to $108 on supply woes Read more