Power News We love to talk!
Power Grid Corporation of India Limited (POWERGRID), a ‘Navratna’ Company and the ‘Central Transmission Utility (CTU)’ of the country, has posted a net profit of Rs.1126 crore for the second quarter of FY 2012-13 (July - September, 2012), against Rs. 709 crore reported during the corresponding quarter ended September 30, 2011.
Total Income (turnover) for second quarter (July-September, 2012), rose to Rs.3243, up 32% from Rs. 2459 in the corresponding quarter of previous year.
POWERGRID had registered a net profit of Rs.3255 crore on a turnover of Rs.10,785 crore in the FY 2011-12, registering a growth of about 19% in Turnover and 21% in Net Profit compared to FY 2010-11 and the Company has declared a total dividend of 21.1% for financial year 2011-12.
At present, POWERGRID is operating more than 96,216 ckt. kms. of transmission lines along with 158 Sub-stations with transformation capacity of about 1,51,303 MVA. The existing Inter-Regional power transmission capacity is about 28,000MW and the average system availability is maintained at above 99%.
After successfully meeting its capex target of Rs. 55,000 crore for XI Plan, POWERGRID has planned Rs.100,000 crore capital expenditure in XII plan. The company has a capex plan of Rs.20,000 crore for the current financial year.
- Delhi govt FIR on KG gas price illegal: SG Read more
- Nitish pitches for uniform power tariff across the country on lines of rail fare Read more
- India needs $100 billion energy boost to meet demand annually: IEA's Fatih Birol Read more
- 200 'power farmers' to light up Uttarakhand with solar energy Read more
- Selection panel shortlists candidates for NTPC CMD post: Piyush Goyal Read more
- Renewable Energy Ministry wants one Act for all green energy policies Read more
- NTPC's Lara thermal project in Chhattisgarh to start by March 2017 Read more
- Surplus TN allows generators to sell power outside state Read more
- Power Min looking into issues raised by pvt power producers Read more
- SkyPower signs 200 MW solar power purchase agreement with Telangana Read more