Power News We love to talk!
Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd. (POWERGRID) has signed Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Ministry of Power, Govt. of India detailing various targets to be achieved by POWERGRID during FY 2012-13. The MoU has been signed by P. Uma Shankar, Secretary (Power), Government of India and Shri R.N. Nayak, Chairman & Managing Director, POWERGRID.
Physical targets set forth for POWERGRID in the MoU 2012-13 include addition of 7,240 Gigawatt-Circuit Kms. of Extra High Voltage transmission lines & 20,000 MVA of transformation capacity. Further, as a contribution towards power sector reforms, target of energisation of 1,100 villages and providing 2 Lacs connections to Below Poverty Line (BPL) households has also been set for POWERGRID under Rajeev Gandhi Grameena Vidhyutikaran Yojana (RGGVY). Special emphasis has been given to various activities under Human Resource Management, Research & Development, Corporate Social Responsibility, Sustainable Development, Compliance of Corporate Governance and DPE Guidelines, etc.
- Does NTPC need to find a new growth engine? Read more
- Workshop on electric power systems Read more
- MERC rejects open access denial petitions against MSEDCL Read more
- Kundankulam nuclear power project: Reliance Communications is lowest EPC contract bidder, beats Tata Projects, L&T Read more
- Niti Aayog forms four task forces, seeks road map to reduce pollution Read more
- Solar power target achievable, capacity to hit 20,000 MegaWatt by fiscal year 2017 Read more
- Coal India strike to impact 40% power generation in South India Read more
- GVKs debt repayment problem Read more
- Hindustan Powerprojects, Lanco in dispute over bank guarantees Read more
- Government invites snap bid for sourcing electric vehicle chargers Read more