Power News We love to talk!
Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd. (POWERGRID) has signed Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Ministry of Power, Govt. of India detailing various targets to be achieved by POWERGRID during FY 2012-13. The MoU has been signed by P. Uma Shankar, Secretary (Power), Government of India and Shri R.N. Nayak, Chairman & Managing Director, POWERGRID.
Physical targets set forth for POWERGRID in the MoU 2012-13 include addition of 7,240 Gigawatt-Circuit Kms. of Extra High Voltage transmission lines & 20,000 MVA of transformation capacity. Further, as a contribution towards power sector reforms, target of energisation of 1,100 villages and providing 2 Lacs connections to Below Poverty Line (BPL) households has also been set for POWERGRID under Rajeev Gandhi Grameena Vidhyutikaran Yojana (RGGVY). Special emphasis has been given to various activities under Human Resource Management, Research & Development, Corporate Social Responsibility, Sustainable Development, Compliance of Corporate Governance and DPE Guidelines, etc.
- Power Regulator Threatens to Penalise States Read more
- Meghalaya's power dues touch Rs 473.85 cr Read more
- South Korea offers $10 billion for smart cities Read more
- NTPC to take over Rajasthans Chhabra power plant Read more
- JITPL seeks Idco's nod for land mortgage Read more
- Power Grid likely to float FPO, awaits Cabinet approval Read more
- Rajasthan to get world's largest solar power plant for Rs 30k cr Read more
- Power deficit dips further, hits fresh record low of 2.4% Read more
- Power to all households of Odisha in 18 months: Piyush Goyal Read more
- CERC can regulate tariff for utilities selling power to multiple states Read more