Power News We love to talk!
Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd. (POWERGRID) has signed Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Ministry of Power, Govt. of India detailing various targets to be achieved by POWERGRID during FY 2012-13. The MoU has been signed by P. Uma Shankar, Secretary (Power), Government of India and Shri R.N. Nayak, Chairman & Managing Director, POWERGRID.
Physical targets set forth for POWERGRID in the MoU 2012-13 include addition of 7,240 Gigawatt-Circuit Kms. of Extra High Voltage transmission lines & 20,000 MVA of transformation capacity. Further, as a contribution towards power sector reforms, target of energisation of 1,100 villages and providing 2 Lacs connections to Below Poverty Line (BPL) households has also been set for POWERGRID under Rajeev Gandhi Grameena Vidhyutikaran Yojana (RGGVY). Special emphasis has been given to various activities under Human Resource Management, Research & Development, Corporate Social Responsibility, Sustainable Development, Compliance of Corporate Governance and DPE Guidelines, etc.
- CERC approves charges for assets under FOCS for WCN in ER Read more
- RIL profit rises on refining margins Read more
- India calls for building SAARC power grid Read more
- Maharashtra taps into feeder-based solar energy to power agriculture sector Read more
- Stranded gas-based power plants to get funds support Read more
- Jharkhand to take over Tilaiya UMPP, buy all shares from R-Power Read more
- Coal scam: CBI files charge sheet against ex-Coal Secretary H C Gupta Read more
- Coal case: Koda plea seeking summoning of former PM to be heard on Sept 2 Read more
- Kalpataru Power: strong revenue visibility masks subsidiary troubles Read more
- Power grid asks CERC to cancel 2 Reliance Infrastructure projects Read more