Power News We love to talk!
Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd. (POWERGRID) has signed Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Ministry of Power, Govt. of India detailing various targets to be achieved by POWERGRID during FY 2012-13. The MoU has been signed by P. Uma Shankar, Secretary (Power), Government of India and Shri R.N. Nayak, Chairman & Managing Director, POWERGRID.
Physical targets set forth for POWERGRID in the MoU 2012-13 include addition of 7,240 Gigawatt-Circuit Kms. of Extra High Voltage transmission lines & 20,000 MVA of transformation capacity. Further, as a contribution towards power sector reforms, target of energisation of 1,100 villages and providing 2 Lacs connections to Below Poverty Line (BPL) households has also been set for POWERGRID under Rajeev Gandhi Grameena Vidhyutikaran Yojana (RGGVY). Special emphasis has been given to various activities under Human Resource Management, Research & Development, Corporate Social Responsibility, Sustainable Development, Compliance of Corporate Governance and DPE Guidelines, etc.
- Power Grid net up 9% Read more
- Coal imports in July dip 11 pc to 18 MT Read more
- IL&FS plans to set up 6,000 MW power plants in Kutch Read more
- Cabinet approves Rs 8,550 crore power transmission project covering seven states Read more
- 96 per cent Odisha villages now have power: Govt Read more
- High Court puts Gujarat wind power auction on hold Read more
- Railways eyes Rewa-type solar plant with MP Read more
- Changes to Electricity Act: tough task for TSGenco Read more
- CSERC rejects petition filed by CSPL against CSPTCL Read more
- PowerGrid board approves investments of Rs 733.32 crore Read more