Power News We love to talk!
Power supply is likely to improve in West Delhi as a new grid station, equipped with latest technology, was commissioned in Raghubir Nagar on Thursday. The 66/11 kV grid station, built at a cost of Rs 60 crore by BSES Rajdhani Power Limited, was inaugurated by Power Minister Haroon Yusuf. Officials said the grid station will improve power supply to Rajouri Garden, Tagore Garden, Vishnu Garden, Shyam Nagar, Khayala, Raghubir Nagar, Vishal Enclave and Janta Colony. Yusuf said the distribution companies will have to keep improving their transmission infrastructure to ensure quality electricity supply to its consumers.
"Delhi's power demand was increasing by 8-10 per cent annually and it is expected to cross 6,000 MW in the current year." A BRPL spokesperson said the present power load of the area is around 145 MVA. "The commissioning of this grid sub-station will increase the distribution capacity in the area by 34 per cent, to around 195 MVA, which will take care of both the present and the future power needs of the area," he said.
BRPL CEO Gopal Saxena said commissioning of the grid at Raghubir Nagar has fulfilled a long standing demand of the residents and commercial establishments of the area. "This grid station, besides being unmanned, can be remotely operated from the central control Room at Balaji Estate, Kalkaji," Saxena said.
- NTPC enters wind power space, partners with Inox Wind Read more
- Diamond city Surat to get Smart Solar Energy award for Rooftop plants Read more
- SunEdison ties up with Tata Power to supply solar power to light up Delhi Read more
- N-power output set to register huge increase Read more
- Coal scam: Bail granted to 5 accused in case against Naveen Jindal, others Read more
- Government targets solar power tariff of Rs 4 per unit: Piyush Goyal Read more
- Markets snap 6-week rally on SC coal verdict, gas hike delay Read more
- Five years on, Indiabulls Power's Chhattisgarh project in peril Read more
- Coal India to set up 15 washeries by October 2017 Read more
- HPERC notifies draft amendment to recovery of expenditure regulations Read more