Power News We love to talk!
Power supply is likely to improve in West Delhi as a new grid station, equipped with latest technology, was commissioned in Raghubir Nagar on Thursday. The 66/11 kV grid station, built at a cost of Rs 60 crore by BSES Rajdhani Power Limited, was inaugurated by Power Minister Haroon Yusuf. Officials said the grid station will improve power supply to Rajouri Garden, Tagore Garden, Vishnu Garden, Shyam Nagar, Khayala, Raghubir Nagar, Vishal Enclave and Janta Colony. Yusuf said the distribution companies will have to keep improving their transmission infrastructure to ensure quality electricity supply to its consumers.
"Delhi's power demand was increasing by 8-10 per cent annually and it is expected to cross 6,000 MW in the current year." A BRPL spokesperson said the present power load of the area is around 145 MVA. "The commissioning of this grid sub-station will increase the distribution capacity in the area by 34 per cent, to around 195 MVA, which will take care of both the present and the future power needs of the area," he said.
BRPL CEO Gopal Saxena said commissioning of the grid at Raghubir Nagar has fulfilled a long standing demand of the residents and commercial establishments of the area. "This grid station, besides being unmanned, can be remotely operated from the central control Room at Balaji Estate, Kalkaji," Saxena said.
- 13 villages to benefit under solar power project Read more
- Expert Group formed to look into Corridor Allocation Methodology for Power Exchanges Read more
- Global crude falls nearly $3 a barrel in a week, motorists rejoice Read more
- Nava Bharat Ventures sell stake in arms for USD 10.15 mn Read more
- Goyal seeks States help to bring down power losses Read more
- Protest against Mahan coal mining this week: Greenpeace Read more
- With multi donor backing out, GoI to fund transmission lines in Arunachal Pradesh and Sikkim Read more
- CERC notified the Draft Central Electricity Regulatory Commission (Terms and Conditions for Tariff Determination from RE Sources) Regulations, 2017 Read more
- Comparing bid prices of mines unfair: JSPL Read more
- Energy efficient cos to share best practices at CII summit Read more