Power News We love to talk!
Power supply is likely to improve in West Delhi as a new grid station, equipped with latest technology, was commissioned in Raghubir Nagar on Thursday. The 66/11 kV grid station, built at a cost of Rs 60 crore by BSES Rajdhani Power Limited, was inaugurated by Power Minister Haroon Yusuf. Officials said the grid station will improve power supply to Rajouri Garden, Tagore Garden, Vishnu Garden, Shyam Nagar, Khayala, Raghubir Nagar, Vishal Enclave and Janta Colony. Yusuf said the distribution companies will have to keep improving their transmission infrastructure to ensure quality electricity supply to its consumers.
"Delhi's power demand was increasing by 8-10 per cent annually and it is expected to cross 6,000 MW in the current year." A BRPL spokesperson said the present power load of the area is around 145 MVA. "The commissioning of this grid sub-station will increase the distribution capacity in the area by 34 per cent, to around 195 MVA, which will take care of both the present and the future power needs of the area," he said.
BRPL CEO Gopal Saxena said commissioning of the grid at Raghubir Nagar has fulfilled a long standing demand of the residents and commercial establishments of the area. "This grid station, besides being unmanned, can be remotely operated from the central control Room at Balaji Estate, Kalkaji," Saxena said.
- Government to auction 10 coal mines in third tranche by August: Coal Secretary Read more
- Coal Indias realisation from e-auctions rose 20 per cent last fiscal Read more
- Telangana, Andhra Pradesh race to be self-reliant in power Read more
- Add 51.4k CKM power transmission lines this fiscal: NITI Aayog Read more
- KERC dismisses petition filed by Kodagu Hydel Projects against KPTCL Read more
- APTEL says NO to attempts towards micro-management of Discoms by DERC Read more
- Suzlon bags 98.7 MW contract from Mytrah Energy Read more
- Tariff bids: ACME Solar in wait-and-watch mode Read more
- India needs stable policies and regulator for EV sector: Sanjeev Sharma, MD, ABB India Read more
- Coal block case: ED attaches Rs 603 crore power plant of Vandana Vidyut Read more