Power News We love to talk!
Engineering and construction firm KEC International today said it has bagged orders worth Rs 646 crore for its transmission and cable businesses.
The RPG Group company has bagged orders worth Rs 559 crore in the transmission business both in domestic and international markets. The remaining Rs 87-crore contract is in the cable business, REC said in a statement here.
The company bagged two orders from Power Grid Corporation in the transmission business aggregating to Rs 291 crore. The first order, worth Rs 173 crore, includes supplying and erecting of 765 kV single circuit transmission line between Varanasi-Balia in Uttar Pradesh on turnkey basis.
The scope of the second contract involves supply and erection of 220 kV and 132 kV transmission lines in Jharkhand.
The company has secured Rs 189-crore order for supply and erection of 400 kV double circuit transmission line from Rangampet to Gajwel in Andhra Pradesh on turnkey basis from state-run transmission firm APTransco.
KECs overseas subsidiary SAE Towers has secured a contract of Rs 79 crore for supplying lattice towers and poles to the United States, Mexico and Brazil.
In its cables business, KEC has bagged Rs 87 crore orders for supplying power and telecom cables, the statement added.
- Rise in solar cells' production to bring Rs 30,000-crore investment & create 25,000 jobs in India Read more
- Lalitpur Power Generation synchronises third unit of 660 MW capacity in UP Read more
- Piped gas for over 2.5 lakh households in Hyd by 2021: Pradhan Read more
- Risking backlash, Narendra Modi to push power price hikes Read more
- Hindustan Power encashes Lancos Rs 500-crore bank guarantee Read more
- Petrol to be costlier in Goa from mid-night Read more
- Tuki asks for fast tracking power projects in Arunachal Read more
- Torrent Power seeks nod to increase electricity tariff to recover under-recoveries Read more
- Telangana to open incubator for renewable energy start-ups Read more
- Deficient monsoon: Govt better prepared on the power front Read more