Coal News We love to talk!
Oil marketing companies such as HPCL, Indian Oil Corporation andBPCL will be in the limelight at the stock market this week, as they have hikedpetrol and diesel prices for the consumers. Petrol and diesel prices wereincreased by Rs 1.50 and 45 paise a litre (excluding taxes) respectively sincelast Friday. This is the second consecutive increase in diesel price within amonth.
Defending the increase, public sector oil refiner-cum-retailerIndian Oil Corporation said this was because of the sharp uptrend in crude oilprices. "Since the last price change, international oil prices haveconstantly shown an uptrend. Crude oil price has increased from $109.08 to$113.24 a barrel, while international petrol prices have gone up from $119.59to $128.57 a barrel, said IOC. As a result, under-recovery has gone up to Rs10.72/litre which will now, with this increase, fall to Rs 10.27/litre, saidIOC.
- South Africa backs India on solar sourcing Read more
- India registers record production of nuclear fuel Read more
- CERC revises fixed charges for NTPCs 840 MW Dadri TPS Stage-I for 2009-14 Read more
- Oil India rated stable by Moody's Read more
- Indian Oil Corp to invest Rs 70,000 crore to expand refining capacity Read more
- IOC may scrap bid if Purnendu Chatterjee gets HPL control Read more
- BP for extending marketing, pricing freedom to gas fields Read more
- Mahanadi Coalfields approves Rs1,617 crore share buyback plan Read more
- Production down 'slightly' at Lanco India plant after pipeline blast Read more
- Government will make oil & gas sector fair, transparent: Petroleum Minister Dharmendra Pradhan Read more