Coal News We love to talk!
Oil marketing companies such as HPCL, Indian Oil Corporation andBPCL will be in the limelight at the stock market this week, as they have hikedpetrol and diesel prices for the consumers. Petrol and diesel prices wereincreased by Rs 1.50 and 45 paise a litre (excluding taxes) respectively sincelast Friday. This is the second consecutive increase in diesel price within amonth.
Defending the increase, public sector oil refiner-cum-retailerIndian Oil Corporation said this was because of the sharp uptrend in crude oilprices. "Since the last price change, international oil prices haveconstantly shown an uptrend. Crude oil price has increased from $109.08 to$113.24 a barrel, while international petrol prices have gone up from $119.59to $128.57 a barrel, said IOC. As a result, under-recovery has gone up to Rs10.72/litre which will now, with this increase, fall to Rs 10.27/litre, saidIOC.
- Newest outpost for US crude exports: India Read more
- Petrol, diesel daily price revision: Dealers worry about losses, set to play hardball with OMCs Read more
- An ill wind for Suzlon, Inoxs quick recovery hopes Read more
- Phased hike in diesel, LPG prices in the works Read more
- Oil companies get down to the fight, slug it out to wrest market dominance from IOC Read more
- Manufacturers to gain from Niti Aayog-coordinated solar power policy push Read more
- Selling coal may be tough for private miners winning first batch of mines Read more
- Swedish tech helps KPTCL save space along power lines Read more
- Blackstone to invest $800 million in Tamarind Energy Read more
- HPCL to operate Vizag refinery at 60% capacity for 10 days Read more