Coal News We love to talk!
Oil marketing companies such as HPCL, Indian Oil Corporation andBPCL will be in the limelight at the stock market this week, as they have hikedpetrol and diesel prices for the consumers. Petrol and diesel prices wereincreased by Rs 1.50 and 45 paise a litre (excluding taxes) respectively sincelast Friday. This is the second consecutive increase in diesel price within amonth.
Defending the increase, public sector oil refiner-cum-retailerIndian Oil Corporation said this was because of the sharp uptrend in crude oilprices. "Since the last price change, international oil prices haveconstantly shown an uptrend. Crude oil price has increased from $109.08 to$113.24 a barrel, while international petrol prices have gone up from $119.59to $128.57 a barrel, said IOC. As a result, under-recovery has gone up to Rs10.72/litre which will now, with this increase, fall to Rs 10.27/litre, saidIOC.
- Conglomerates on the lookout for distressed power assets Read more
- HC reserves verdict on Cairn Indias plea for crude export Read more
- Delhi leads in surrendering LPG subsidy Read more
- South India firms to get natural gas for revamping factories Read more
- Wind energy companies Gamesa, Suzlon & Mytrah infusing huge funds into solar energy Read more
- Setback to Oil Ministry: GAIL, Chennai Petroleum refuse to comply with KG-D6 order Read more
- No one found suitable for Oil India CMD job Read more
- Losses by fuel retailers may quadruple to Rs 3,700 crore Read more
- Suzlon's debt recast: Tilting at the turbines? Read more
- India Power completes acquisition of Meenakshi Energy, plans to invest Rs. 3500 cr for setting up plant in Bengal Read more