Coal News We love to talk!
ONGC has retained the top position in the coveted list of 10 most profit-making PSUs, while BSNL was the biggest loss-making state-run company in 2011-12, according to a government survey.
ONGC earned a net profit of Rs 25,122 crore in 2011-12.
BSNL, on the other hand, suffered losses of Rs 8,850 crore in the same period, replacing Air India as the biggest loss-making PSU.
Power major NTPC is the second biggest profit-making state-run company, the same position as in 201011 survey.
The worlds largest coal producer Coal India jumped to third position in 201112 from seventh rank in the previous survey, pushing Indian Oil Corporation (IOC) down to the seventh position, according to the Public Enterprises Survey.
In 201011, IOC was at the third position.
Largest iron-ore producer NMDC was fourth, while Maharatna company BHEL ranked fifth.
Southern Eastern Coalfields Ltd made entry into the coveted club of top 10 profit-making firms at sixth position.
Mahanadi Coalfields Ltd, GAIL (India) Ltd and Steel Authority of India Ltd took eighth, ninth and tenth positions, respectively.
Besides BSNL and Air India, MTNL, Hindustan Photo Films Manufacturing, Hindustan Cables, Air India Charters Ltd and Fertilizer Corporation of India, are the biggest loss-making companies.
- RIL sells stake in Yemen oil block to Indonesian firm Read more
- Central Coalfields raises coking coal price, eyes more revenue Read more
- GAIL starts satellite monitoring of its gas pipeline network Read more
- PGC arm Vizag Transmission issues five-year bonds at 8.9% Read more
- BHEL commissions 1,980 Mw super-critical thermal power plant in UP Read more
- Stressed power firms to present their cases before ministries next week Read more
- NTPC denies interest in Tilaiya ultra mega power plant following Reliance Powers exit Read more
- Clean energy jobs see sharp spike in India Read more
- Regulators and Policy Makers Interface At The 17th IPPAI RPR Meet Read more
- India plans levy on US, Malaysia and Taiwan solar panels Read more