Coal News We love to talk!
ONGC has retained the top position in the coveted list of 10 most profit-making PSUs, while BSNL was the biggest loss-making state-run company in 2011-12, according to a government survey.
ONGC earned a net profit of Rs 25,122 crore in 2011-12.
BSNL, on the other hand, suffered losses of Rs 8,850 crore in the same period, replacing Air India as the biggest loss-making PSU.
Power major NTPC is the second biggest profit-making state-run company, the same position as in 201011 survey.
The worlds largest coal producer Coal India jumped to third position in 201112 from seventh rank in the previous survey, pushing Indian Oil Corporation (IOC) down to the seventh position, according to the Public Enterprises Survey.
In 201011, IOC was at the third position.
Largest iron-ore producer NMDC was fourth, while Maharatna company BHEL ranked fifth.
Southern Eastern Coalfields Ltd made entry into the coveted club of top 10 profit-making firms at sixth position.
Mahanadi Coalfields Ltd, GAIL (India) Ltd and Steel Authority of India Ltd took eighth, ninth and tenth positions, respectively.
Besides BSNL and Air India, MTNL, Hindustan Photo Films Manufacturing, Hindustan Cables, Air India Charters Ltd and Fertilizer Corporation of India, are the biggest loss-making companies.
- AAP's Prashant Bhushan moves Supreme Court to stop Reliance gas price hike Read more
- WCL salaries delayed, maybe for the first time in history Read more
- CIL workers' strike on Sept 2 seen to have limited impact Read more
- Tata Power completes acquisition of 39.2 Mw wind farm in Guj Read more
- Cairn-Vedanta merger: LIC says still not on board Read more
- Fuji Electric studying power consumption pattern of city Read more
- BHEL commissions first 600MW thermal unit in Telangana Read more
- Tata Motors, Mahindra in race to roll out electric light commercial vehicles Read more
- Implementation of a Scheme for Development of Solar Parks and Ultra Mega Solar Power Projects in the country commencing from 2014-15 and onwards (from year 201415 to 201819) Read more
- RIL looks to reopen diesel retail outlets Read more