Coal News We love to talk!
LPGCylinder rates*(in Rs)
CityOld Price NewPrice
Dieselrates for Railways, State Transport Corporations and other bulk consumers havebeen increased by about one rupee a litre (excluding taxes) from Saturday. Theoverall impact on the bulk rate prices would be around Rs 1.25 a litre.
In Delhi,diesel for such consumers will cost about Rs 59-60 a litre. With this hike, theRailways annual fuel bill will go up by around Rs 290 crore. It is, however,difficult to estimate the exact end price because bulk consumers are oftenoffered discounts, said an oil company official.
Thepublic sector oil marketing companies have left diesel prices unchanged forretail consumers. Diesel at petrol pumps in Delhi is sold at Rs 48.16 a litre.
The priceof non-subsidised domestic LPG, meanwhile, has been reduced by almost Rs 38 acylinder effective March 1. According to LPG distributors, a majority of thedomestic LPG consumers have exhausted their quota.
OnJanuary 16, the Government had introduced dual pricing for diesel. The publicsector oil marketing companies were allowed to align these prices with marketrates.
In fact,according to the Economic Survey 2012-13, "the domestic prices of petroleumproducts, particularly diesel and liquefied petroleum gas (LPG), need to beraised in line with prices prevailing in the international market.
On Friday(March 1), oil companies has raised retail prices of petrol by almost Rs 1.40 alitre (excluding VAT). This was the second consecutive increase in a fortnight.
- Petrol prices increased by 70-89 paise Read more
- Suzlon to set up 3,000 Mw power project in Telangana Read more
- FM pushes for coal, road regulators Read more
- Power tariff hiked in Delhi by up to 6%, will be applicable from Monday Read more
- Narendra Modi government looks to rollout DBT type benefit in power sector; here is how you will benefit Read more
- Indian state-run oil companies unveil Rs 320 crore startup fund Read more
- Essar Power to surrender Tokisud coal mine, seeks Rs490 crore refund Read more
- Natural gas a must for development: Pradhan Read more
- Use carbon free fuel to reduce Green House Gas emissions, says US envoy Read more
- India Power to buy 3 stressed power plants for up to Rs 800 crore Read more