Coal News We love to talk!
LPGCylinder rates*(in Rs)
CityOld Price NewPrice
Dieselrates for Railways, State Transport Corporations and other bulk consumers havebeen increased by about one rupee a litre (excluding taxes) from Saturday. Theoverall impact on the bulk rate prices would be around Rs 1.25 a litre.
In Delhi,diesel for such consumers will cost about Rs 59-60 a litre. With this hike, theRailways annual fuel bill will go up by around Rs 290 crore. It is, however,difficult to estimate the exact end price because bulk consumers are oftenoffered discounts, said an oil company official.
Thepublic sector oil marketing companies have left diesel prices unchanged forretail consumers. Diesel at petrol pumps in Delhi is sold at Rs 48.16 a litre.
The priceof non-subsidised domestic LPG, meanwhile, has been reduced by almost Rs 38 acylinder effective March 1. According to LPG distributors, a majority of thedomestic LPG consumers have exhausted their quota.
OnJanuary 16, the Government had introduced dual pricing for diesel. The publicsector oil marketing companies were allowed to align these prices with marketrates.
In fact,according to the Economic Survey 2012-13, "the domestic prices of petroleumproducts, particularly diesel and liquefied petroleum gas (LPG), need to beraised in line with prices prevailing in the international market.
On Friday(March 1), oil companies has raised retail prices of petrol by almost Rs 1.40 alitre (excluding VAT). This was the second consecutive increase in a fortnight.
- Cut in diesel prices by Rs 3.56 per litre in offing Read more
- Solar energy to power Delhi Metros Phase III Read more
- Petronet targets to market 1.5 mt LNG via road Read more
- Merits of gas-based power Read more
- GMR Infra: Capitalising on power assets Read more
- Adani eyes LPG market in eastern India, Bangladesh through 1.6-mt Dhamra import terminal Read more
- Government to cut energy import dependence by 10 per cent by 2022: DharmendraPradhan Read more
- CNG stations to shut down for 3 days in Gurugram Read more
- Fuel subsidy helps HPCL beat St Read more
- IOC begins 5 kg LPG cylinders sale in kirana stores Read more