Coal News We love to talk!
LPGCylinder rates*(in Rs)
CityOld Price NewPrice
Dieselrates for Railways, State Transport Corporations and other bulk consumers havebeen increased by about one rupee a litre (excluding taxes) from Saturday. Theoverall impact on the bulk rate prices would be around Rs 1.25 a litre.
In Delhi,diesel for such consumers will cost about Rs 59-60 a litre. With this hike, theRailways annual fuel bill will go up by around Rs 290 crore. It is, however,difficult to estimate the exact end price because bulk consumers are oftenoffered discounts, said an oil company official.
Thepublic sector oil marketing companies have left diesel prices unchanged forretail consumers. Diesel at petrol pumps in Delhi is sold at Rs 48.16 a litre.
The priceof non-subsidised domestic LPG, meanwhile, has been reduced by almost Rs 38 acylinder effective March 1. According to LPG distributors, a majority of thedomestic LPG consumers have exhausted their quota.
OnJanuary 16, the Government had introduced dual pricing for diesel. The publicsector oil marketing companies were allowed to align these prices with marketrates.
In fact,according to the Economic Survey 2012-13, "the domestic prices of petroleumproducts, particularly diesel and liquefied petroleum gas (LPG), need to beraised in line with prices prevailing in the international market.
On Friday(March 1), oil companies has raised retail prices of petrol by almost Rs 1.40 alitre (excluding VAT). This was the second consecutive increase in a fortnight.
- 4 methane blocks: ONGC to farm out operating interests Read more
- IGL looking to diversify beyond CNG and PNG Read more
- Automated system for daily revision of fuel prices rings in, petrol pump owners miffed Read more
- Govt wants OMCs to merge pipeline, aviation assets Read more
- On-Paper electrification does not give power to villages in Hathras Read more
- Mahanagar Gas IPO: Super debut gives company Rs 5,135 market cap Read more
- Chennai Petroleum net loss multiplies Read more
- New solar model for paddy harvesting developed by students Read more
- Hydel projects: VS seeks CBI probe Read more
- LPG subsidy for people above Rs 10 lakh income might be stopped: Union Minister M Venkaiah Naidu Read more