Power News We love to talk!
Uttarakhand has signed a $150 million loan agreement with the Asian Development Bank (ADB) for hydropower development, the multilateral funding agency said.
This is the fourth tranche of the loan under the Uttarakhand Power Sector Investment Programme that will help develop infrastructure for a new 400 kV (kiloVolt) substation at Pipalkoti and a transmission line from Srinagar to Kashipur at 400 kV level in Uttarakhand, ADB said in a release.
"The project will help supply up to 2,500 MW (Megawatts) of hydropower from Uttarakhand to Northern India grid. This will enhance hydropower development in the state of Uttarakhand, ADB said.
- Ground breaking ceremony of Rs 6,000 crore Dhamra LNG Terminal held Read more
- Oil India output hit by student blockade in Assam Read more
- MNREs National Energy Storage Mission to be ready this fiscal Read more
- Coal India to appoint consultant for Rs 10,000 crore power plant in Odisha Read more
- FISME seeks restoration of incentive for wind energy projects Read more
- Dharmendra Pradhan says govt taking steps to make India a gas-based economy Read more
- 'Diplomacy' draws OVL to Bangladesh Read more
- Pricepooling pitted against coal-rich States Read more
- Strike call: CIL transporting extra coal to power plants Read more
- Schneider Electric India, IL&FS; bag Naya Raipur smart city project Read more