Power News We love to talk!
Uttarakhand has signed a $150 million loan agreement with the Asian Development Bank (ADB) for hydropower development, the multilateral funding agency said.
This is the fourth tranche of the loan under the Uttarakhand Power Sector Investment Programme that will help develop infrastructure for a new 400 kV (kiloVolt) substation at Pipalkoti and a transmission line from Srinagar to Kashipur at 400 kV level in Uttarakhand, ADB said in a release.
"The project will help supply up to 2,500 MW (Megawatts) of hydropower from Uttarakhand to Northern India grid. This will enhance hydropower development in the state of Uttarakhand, ADB said.
- West Bengal asks Centre to partially fund 1,000 mw-solar power storage system Read more
- FDI restriction is on nuclear power programme, not in allied industries: Jitendra Singh Read more
- India readies green energy auction rounds Read more
- Coal India told to examine spot e-auction scheme Read more
- CERC asks PXIL to submit business plan Read more
- India's fuel demand rose 6.2 percent in June Read more
- Global companies offer ONGC deepsea drilling rigs for KG gas find Read more
- CERC approves transmission charges for Powergrids bus reactor at Bongaigaon substation Read more
- Cost of power generation likely to increase by 33 per cent following Supreme Court order Read more
- India to seek renewal of MRPL contract with Mauritius Read more