Power News We love to talk!
Uttarakhand has signed a $150 million loan agreement with the Asian Development Bank (ADB) for hydropower development, the multilateral funding agency said.
This is the fourth tranche of the loan under the Uttarakhand Power Sector Investment Programme that will help develop infrastructure for a new 400 kV (kiloVolt) substation at Pipalkoti and a transmission line from Srinagar to Kashipur at 400 kV level in Uttarakhand, ADB said in a release.
"The project will help supply up to 2,500 MW (Megawatts) of hydropower from Uttarakhand to Northern India grid. This will enhance hydropower development in the state of Uttarakhand, ADB said.
- Abu Dhabi National Oil Company to make foray into lubricant business in India Read more
- Assocham seeks Prime Minister's intervention in coal supply to power units Read more
- India is wasting hydro potential: NHPC chief Read more
- IOC in talks to buy Tamil Nadu Petrochemical plant Read more
- Maharashtra govts solar power to agri pumps riddled with technical hurdles Read more
- Coal India supply to power sector drop 3.6% to 288 MT in April-December Read more
- PTC India signs MoU with Solar Energy Corporation of India for trading in solar power Read more
- Air pollution claims two Indian lives every minute, says study! Read more
- CCI rejects complaint against Maha State Power Generation Co Read more
- Against limiting shale exploration to NELP blocks Read more