Power News We love to talk!
Overall power cuts likely to be reduced for all sections
Power consumers in Andhra Pradesh will now face lower cuts with the demand-supply gap coming down and situation improving. With rains setting in and temperatures cooling down, the demand for power has come down providing some flexibility to increase power supply in Andhra Pradesh.
State Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy today directed distribution companies to improve supplies and restore maximum possible power supply to all sectors by reducing the load reliefs.
Following a series of measures initiated by the State, the Chief Minister on Thursday directed officials to reduce electricity load reliefs and increase power supply to all sectors.
The Chief Minister wanted the utilities to increase power supply to 18 hours in rural areas. Load relief will be reduced from 12 hours to 6 hours. For mandal headquarters, towns and municipalities, the load relief will be only for 2 hours in two spells.
In the case of Hyderabad, Tirupati, Visakhapatnam, Warangal and district headquarters and corporations, they will have 24 hours supply. These cities were facing up to 2 hours of power cuts.
Supply will be increased from 66 per cent to 80 per cent for all industries from June 15.
To improve the electricity supply in the State, several short term and mid-term measures have also been initiated. Short-term measures taken to overcome power crisis include purchase of 1,250 MW.
Under mid-term measures, 550 MW will be available from June 2013 to June of 2016 through additional purchase.
The Chief Minister has also asked the energy department officials to take all measures to avert power cuts from June 2013 to May 2014 by advance planning and taking into account the demand from all sectors and availability of electricity from all sources.
- Firms from Finland, South Africa bid record low tariffs of Rs 4.34 per unit for solar power Read more
- Lenders rejig stranded GMR Rajahmundry Energy project debt Read more
- Suzlon powers ahead on Canadian order Read more
- AP to become ‘power full’ state in 2 years: CM Read more
- PM Modi's Iran visit may seal deal on Chabahar Port, ONGC $3 Billion investment in Farzad-B gas field Read more
- Indian scientists generate electricity from water sans using energy Read more
- Goa govt in dock for permit to mill consuming excess power Read more
- Discom claims daily loss of Rs 25 lakh due to power theft by e-rick owners Read more
- Greenpeace finds support from Central Electricity Authority on anti-coal stance Read more
- Government should review auction process of solar power projects, say industry experts Read more