Power News We love to talk!
Andhra Pradesh has received offers for setting up 418 MW of solar photovoltaic power generation capacity under the States solar policy.
Of the proposal to attract about 1,000 MW, the State has received good response for the proposal to develop 418 MW at Rs 6.49 per unit price finalised by the Group of Ministers.
Following the bidding process, where competitive bids were offered for setting up of 1,000 MW, 331 bids were qualified from 184 bidders for 161 locations notified. Thirty-five bidders with a total capacity of 418 MW accepted solar power purchase price of Rs 6.49 a unit.
Hiralal Samariya, Chairman and Managing Director of AP Transco emphasised the need to expedite the process of installing solar panels to bridge the gap between supply and demand and to meet the requirements of consumers to the maximum extent possible.
According to State Energy Coordination cell, bidders have been issued letters of intent for 144 MW for 21 members. For remaining bidders, the letters are under way. In addition, some solar power developers, who have not participated in the bidding process, have also shown keen interest to be part of the development.
The State Government had announced a Solar Power Policy last year for developers to set up projects under captive/3rd party sale. AP Transco and Discoms are in the process of issuing technical feasibility clearances commissioned under this policy.
Approximately, 1200 MW have been given sanctions for grid connectivity. Further, the State Government issued another order and directed AP Transco to ensure setting up of 1000 MW solar power plants through the competitive bidding route.
- India, other countries signed International Solar Alliance framework agreement Read more
- Power discom reform: Centre to float mega tender for smart meters Read more
- FIIs up stake in select PSUs like Oil India, Indraprastha Gas Read more
- Renewable energy trade show gets underway in Hyderabad Read more
- NTPC wants more coal as stocks hit critical levels Read more
- Telangana no more a power deficit state Read more
- UNIDO, Centre to roll out roadmap to promote concentrated solar thermal Read more
- RERC approves investment plan, ARR, true-up and determines tariff for RVPNL Read more
- APEPDCL help desk Read more
- Madhya Pradesh govt asks wind energy firms for discounts on dues Read more