Power News We love to talk!
The board approved to raise funds for its investment programme by issuing 694 million equity shares through FPO.
Power Grid Corporation of India has tanked 13% to Rs 89 after its board approved to raise funds for its investment programme by issuing equity shares through follow on public offer (FPO).
The board of state-owned electric utilities company at its meeting held on August 01, 2013, has approved the FPO of 15% of existing paid up share capital comprising fresh issue of 694 million equity shares, for augmenting resources of company to fund its investment programme, Power Grid Corporation said in a filing.
The fund raising is subject to necessary approval of Government of India, it added.
The stock opened at Rs 99 and hit a low of Rs 87.75, its lowest level since February 2009, on BSE. A combined around one million shares changing hands on the counter till early noon deals on BSE and NSE.
- IREDA launches loan scheme for rooftop solar power projects Read more
- RIL, other coal bed methane producers get pricing, marketing freedom Read more
- 10,000 electric cars highlight steep path to Indias ambitions Read more
- This device can reduce your electricity bill up to whopping 40%; here is how Read more
- Indias fuel demand surges 6.7 per cent in October on higher auto fuel use Read more
- After dividend earnings, govt puts on hold plan to restructure CIL Read more
- India beats major ecos in energy demand growth Read more
- India moves to phase out refrigerants HCFC which cause ecological damage Read more
- NITI Aayog proposes three-year action plan to let Delhi breathe Read more
- PFS inks pact with US Energy Association Read more