Power News We love to talk!
The board approved to raise funds for its investment programme by issuing 694 million equity shares through FPO.
Power Grid Corporation of India has tanked 13% to Rs 89 after its board approved to raise funds for its investment programme by issuing equity shares through follow on public offer (FPO).
The board of state-owned electric utilities company at its meeting held on August 01, 2013, has approved the FPO of 15% of existing paid up share capital comprising fresh issue of 694 million equity shares, for augmenting resources of company to fund its investment programme, Power Grid Corporation said in a filing.
The fund raising is subject to necessary approval of Government of India, it added.
The stock opened at Rs 99 and hit a low of Rs 87.75, its lowest level since February 2009, on BSE. A combined around one million shares changing hands on the counter till early noon deals on BSE and NSE.
- AP government inks pacts with SPIC, China's Sany Group Read more
- Sustained energy demand recovery absent, says ICRA Read more
- `Green clearance, local protests hurdles for hydro power projects' Read more
- Need powerrate rise of 6.5%: Crisil Read more
- TNs largest solar plant goes on stream Read more
- Farmers worst hit in power distribution clean-up drive Read more
- Panasonic unveils its Off-grid Solutions Project Read more
- Singareni Collieries to supply coal to TN power projects Read more
- NTPC to secure 33 per cent of coal requirements from own mines by 2030 Read more
- Tamil Nadu to stop using imported coal for power generation, save Rs 400 crore Read more