Power News We love to talk!
The board approved to raise funds for its investment programme by issuing 694 million equity shares through FPO.
Power Grid Corporation of India has tanked 13% to Rs 89 after its board approved to raise funds for its investment programme by issuing equity shares through follow on public offer (FPO).
The board of state-owned electric utilities company at its meeting held on August 01, 2013, has approved the FPO of 15% of existing paid up share capital comprising fresh issue of 694 million equity shares, for augmenting resources of company to fund its investment programme, Power Grid Corporation said in a filing.
The fund raising is subject to necessary approval of Government of India, it added.
The stock opened at Rs 99 and hit a low of Rs 87.75, its lowest level since February 2009, on BSE. A combined around one million shares changing hands on the counter till early noon deals on BSE and NSE.
- Expert team visits construction site of biomass-based plant Read more
- AAP government sets aside Rs 1,600 crore for power subsidy in Delhi Read more
- Coal price pool may be expanded Read more
- Let LNG imports help develop a robust domestic gas industry Read more
- Maharashtra govts solar power to agri pumps riddled with technical hurdles Read more
- MNRE Issued the Order on Clarification on Eligibility of CFA for Grid Tied Solar Projects Read more
- Power loan recast hits roadblock Read more
- ICVL seeks user cos to lift Mozambique thermal coal Read more
- Coal Ministry struggles to find missing information required by court Read more
- Reliance Energy sets disaster control room for monsoon emergencies Read more