Power News We love to talk!
The state government on Tuesday appointed senior IAS officer Venkataramani Bhaskar chairman of the AP Electricity Regulatory Commission (APERC).
The 1981 batch officer is currently special chief secretary, finance, and is slated to superannuate on September 30, 2013. The appointment will be for a period of five years from the date he assumes office or till he attains the age of 65.
Bhaskar told TOI that he would strive to ensure that the concerns of power consumers are addressed. According to sources, Bhaskar applied for voluntary retirement soon after the appointment and it has been accepted by the government.
- Discoms, DJB ready to keep Delhi cool during summer Read more
- Opposition to Oz projects abetted by NGOs, competitors: Adani Read more
- AP power regulator forms advisory panel Read more
- Delhi houses are energy guzzlers, says CSE Read more
- Coal India to launch coal auction for power companies with flexible lifting Read more
- To purify water, highest cost is electricity; heres how solar power can affordably make it safer to drink Read more
- Tangedco under pressure to buy power from private producers Read more
- Delhi government hopeful to get coal block by October Read more
- Tamil Nadu seeks imported coal as stock situation turns critical Read more
- High power tariffs should be the last resort Read more