Power News We love to talk!
The state government on Tuesday appointed senior IAS officer Venkataramani Bhaskar chairman of the AP Electricity Regulatory Commission (APERC).
The 1981 batch officer is currently special chief secretary, finance, and is slated to superannuate on September 30, 2013. The appointment will be for a period of five years from the date he assumes office or till he attains the age of 65.
Bhaskar told TOI that he would strive to ensure that the concerns of power consumers are addressed. According to sources, Bhaskar applied for voluntary retirement soon after the appointment and it has been accepted by the government.
- Energy crisis: Engineers blame 'overdependence' on private sector Read more
- Supreme Court orders Mahavitaran to return Rs 800 cr to consumers Read more
- Adani Power, Tata Power compensation: CERC formula to solve under-recoveries row Read more
- Coal pricing formula caused Rs 8,400 cr under-recover Read more
- Climate change: Heat waves and droughts will take a toll on electricity production Read more
- Tata Power seeks damages from CLP India Read more
- Compensation case: Sasan Power being asked to submit proposal to discoms Read more
- Delhi govt extends power amnesty scheme till May 31 Read more
- SC to hear discoms' payment of dues matter on 16 December Read more
- Naidu seeks PM's intervention on MSP, free power, crop insurance Read more