Power News We love to talk!
The state government on Tuesday appointed senior IAS officer Venkataramani Bhaskar chairman of the AP Electricity Regulatory Commission (APERC).
The 1981 batch officer is currently special chief secretary, finance, and is slated to superannuate on September 30, 2013. The appointment will be for a period of five years from the date he assumes office or till he attains the age of 65.
Bhaskar told TOI that he would strive to ensure that the concerns of power consumers are addressed. According to sources, Bhaskar applied for voluntary retirement soon after the appointment and it has been accepted by the government.
- CERC rejects NTPC's plea to revisit tariff norms for 2014-19 Read more
- Power Ministry making changes in tech standards for grid connectivity Read more
- CERC to R-Power: High diesel cost at Sasan your problem Read more
- Government may amend power act to levy hefty penalties on discoms Read more
- Are discoms ready to face competition? Read more
- India reduces expenditure on energy subsidies by $15.4 billion: Study Read more
- KSERC declines request to increase maximum contract demand for LT industrial connection Read more
- CERC revokes trading licence of GFPSPL and GESPL; suspends KCTBLs licence revocation Read more
- ‘Local factors hampering AP wind power projects' Read more
- Common power market needed across country: Arvind Subramanian Read more